These super easy Honey Roasted Vegetable Chicken Quinoa Bowls make for the best lunch AND dinner. This recipe uses oven roasted vegetables and chicken with a homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette and fluffy quinoa. Serve it warm or cold for an amazing and easy to make meal prep recipe to enjoy all week long.
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets (from 1–2 broccoli crowns)
- 2 cups roughly chopped bell pepper (from 2 small peppers)
- 1 cup roughly chopped onion (from 1 small onion)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb or so)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian spice blend, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1–2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water or stock
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (raw or roasted)
- Chopped herbs, sliced green onion, extra nuts, for serving (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat for easy clean up.
- Arrange chopped vegetables (broccoli, onion, peppers) and chicken breast on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil and season with Italian spice blend, garlic powder and salt. Give everything a toss on the pan to ensure everything gets coated with the oil and seasoning.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the chicken is just cooked through and vegetables are tender, being sure to stir and toss the vegetables once after about 15 minutes to prevent burning or sticking to the pan.
- Remove veggies and chicken from oven and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of honey (I prefer 2 tablespoons.). Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and let cook slightly.
- While the veggies and chicken are in the oven: Make the quinoa. In a pot over medium-high heat, add quinoa and water or stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and cover. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed, or according to package directions.
- While the veggies and chicken are still in the oven and quinoa is cooking: Make the dressing. In a mason jar or tight sealing containers, add oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Shake until well mixed.
- When all the veggies, chicken and quinoa are ready: Add the warm quinoa to a large mixing bowl along with the roasted vegetables and chicken, the nuts (if using) and half of the dressing. Toss to combine evenly.
- Serve hot or chilled with additional dressing drizzled over top and extra herbs, sliced green onion or nuts.