A Tropical Banana Smoothie that tastes like the Caribbean blended until so creamy and smooth and served in a glass (minus the sand of course).
This smoothie tastes just like the sunshine!
This is a blend of bananas, mango, pineapple (all frozen is a must for an outrageously thick and creamy smoothie) with some of those ch-ch-ch-chias that everyone loves. A gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free tropical banana smoothie packed-full of good things, like vitamins and minerals.
Grab a straw friends…
MORE ABOUT THIS TROPICAL BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
As I said earlier, the key to this smoothie being so rich and creamy and so delicious is to use frozen fruit. I’ve always used this tutorial for freezing my own fruit at home and it always turns out great.
I really think the combination of banana, mango and pineapple is the ultimate tropical trifecta. But if you aren’t feeling that combination, I’ve made this smoothie by subbing out the mango or pineapple (whichever one I didn’t have in my freezer) for frozen strawberries. Just make sure you keep that frozen banana in there!
And those chia seeds! I add some sort of super seed (chia, hemp, flax, etc) to just about everything I eat. Why not, right? The chia seeds give this tropical banana smoothie kind of a weird colour (you get grey specks throughout) but that discolouration is totally worth it! But you can leave them out or add more in to get even more fibre, good fat and protein.
I use my NutriBullet for all my smoothies and I love it. I seriously use that every day and would highly recommend one for any smoothie-fanatic. But any blender or even food processor will do for this tropical banana smoothie.
Feel the sand between your toes and the warm sun on your face with every sip of tropical goodness!Print
A delicious and nutritious Tropical Banana Smoothie recipe. You’ll be able to feel the warm sun on your face with this quick and easy breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup frozen banana, sliced or broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup (heaping) frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup (heaping) frozen mango chunks
- 3/4 cup tropical fruit juice (I used a blend of orange, coconut pineapple by Oasis)
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1–2 large ice cubes
- Water to thin, if needed
- Optional: agave or honey to taste, frozen berries, water instead of water, protein powder, yogurt
- Add banana, pineapple, mango, juice or water, chia seeds and ice cubes to a blender, food processor or Nutribullet. Optional ingredients like honey or agave (if you like it extra sweet), frozen berries, protein powder or hemp seeds or yogurt will all taste great and can be added with the other ingredients before blending.
- Blend smoothie until smooth, about 1 minute. If the smoothie is too thick add a couple tablespoons of water to thin.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes