Freshly popped, DIY microwave-style popcorn drizzled with butter and honey, vanilla and sea salt is the ultimate in sweet and savoury snacks. This Sweet and Salty Popcorn recipe is not only delicious it’s super easy to make too!
- 1/4 cup yellow or white popping corn
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or other liquid sweetener (or a little more or a little less depending on taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
- Add corn to a standard lunch-size brown paper bag and fold the top of the bag over twice, pressing the fold tightly so the bag stays closed.
- Microwave the paper bag for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes or until there is a 5 second pause between pops.
- Remove the bag from the microwave, transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, heat butter, honey, vanilla and salt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until butter is melted and honey is just bubbling.
- Pour the butter mixture over top of the popcorn, tossing to popcorn to coat evenly.
- Season with additional salt, if needed.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 3 minutes