Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges make for the ultimate in side dishes to add to any dinner or lunch. These easy to make french fries are a little sweet on the inside, a little spicy on the outside and totally delicious.
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes (about 1/2 a potato per person), scrubbed and washed with skins left on
- 1 tablespoon oil (avocado, coconut, etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (add more or less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg, optional but recommended
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a small bowl or dish mix together the cinnamon, cayenne, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cut the potato into wedges. (This can easily be done by cutting each potato in half lengthwise and then cutting each half in half lengthwise again. These quarters can be cut again into 2 or 3 wedges. The goal is to get each wedge to be about the same size so they cook evenly. OR just watch this video.)
- Transfer the sweet potato wedges to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with spice mixture. Toss and rub the potato wedges until they are evenly coated with the oil and spices.
- Arrange the wedges skin side down the prepared baking sheet. Carefully transfer the baking sheet to the oven (if some wedges fall over that’s OK too) and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the wedges are very tender.
- Serve immediately with your favourite dip..
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes