Homemade Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is the best healthy afternoon snack. Loaded with red peppers, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic this clean eating recipe is delicious served with veggies and crackers.
- 1 1/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers (jarred, grilled or oven roasted)
- 2–3 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed is best
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced or finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste or your liking
- Add all ingredients, except for oil, to a food processor. Turn the food processor on and blend while slowly streaming in the oil. Start with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and add the fourth if the consistency is too thick for your liking.
- Let food processor run for a minute, or until very smooth being sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Keep refrigerated in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
If the consistency of the hummus is still too thick, thin with 1 tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.