Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Soup is rich and creamy without the dairy or the gluten! This roasted vegetable soup is easy to make and could be the perfect addition to any weeknight dinner. Warm-up this fall with soup!
Soup, my friends.
Warm and velvety, smooth and creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup that is not only vegan and vegetarian-friendly but gluten-free too.
A soup that is easy to make and that everyone will LOVE! A soup that makes rainy, cold and gloomy fall days not all that bad after a bowl or two. I think this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Soup is my new favourite.
I love soup.
With all of its warmth and deliciousness. I could seriously eat soup any time of the year but soup is just way too good during the fall and winter. I mean there is nothing quite like making it through any chilly day to come home to a big warm bowl of soup.
Not to mention, soup can also be super nutritious packed with tons of veggies, healthy fats and proteins. It can be made vegan or gluten-free or dairy or totally indulgent. It can be silky smooth or left with a ton of different texture and flavours. Soup is such a versatile and wonderful thing!
I also love soup because it’s great for sharing. Going to a dinner party and need something that’s easy to make and you know everyone will love? Soup. Having some friends over for an impromptu lunch and you need something delicious? Soup. Getting together for a Girls’ night and you need something that can be enjoyed by all? Soup.
MORE ABOUT THIS ROASTED RED PEPPER CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE…
This soup was inspired by a couple different sources. The first being Pinterest (Obviously. Because who doesn’t scroll through their Pinterest feed and instantly want to make a million different things all at once?). I saw this soup in my feed and knew I just had to make it. And the second being one of my own recipes, my Creamy Cauliflower Soup. I had forgotten how much I absolutely love this creamy soup recipe. It’s such a crowd-pleaser and so, so, so easy to make too. I knew taking the two ideas and merging them together would result in something really great.
The roasted red pepper flavour of this soup is insane! Those freshly roasted red peppers really shine here and, I mean, they are just so good. This soup is so very peppery but in a good way. (And if you love roasted red peppers, you have to check out this and this!) And then there’s the cauliflower, onions and garlic. Cauliflower makes the most delicious base for creamy-like soups without any of the cream. You still get the rich and full flavour and texture and all of the cauliflower!
And this soup really isn’t anything without the roasted onions and garlic. Trust me. The first time I made this myself I forgot the onions AND the garlic. I know. It was a disaster. Don’t forget the onions or the garlic.
I love how easy this soup truly is. All the vegetables get roasted in the oven together and then they are get pureed in your high-speed blender or with a hand blender until beyond silky smooth. That’s right – no lumps in this soup.
This roasted red pepper and cauliflower soup so very simple – a little bit herby, a little bit sweet and just a teeny bit spicy – with a little thyme, maple syrup, salt, pepper and just a pinch of heat, if you want. Herbs and roasted red peppers are a delicious combination and I just love that little extra something that the sweet maple syrup and red pepper flakes give this soup.
Grab those spoons, friends.Print
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Soup
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
A Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Soup is rich and creamy without the dairy or the gluten! This roasted vegetable soup is easy to make making it the perfect addition to any weeknight dinner. Warm up this fall with soup!
- 3 red bell peppers, washed, seeded and quartered
- 2 onions (medium size), peeled, trimmed and quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, roughly chopped into florets (about 6–8 cups)
- 5 large cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups no- or low-sodium vegetable stock (or use homemade), plus a little bit more for thinning the soup, if necessary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or use 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Arrange the quartered peppers skin side down on one baking sheet. Then arrange the cauliflower, onions and garlic on the other. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over the cauliflower mixture and gentle toss to coat. (The red peppers don’t need any oil.)
- Roast both the red peppers and the cauliflower mixture in the oven for 20 minutes before flipping the red peppers and gently stirring the cauliflower mixture. Return to the oven for 10-15 more minutes or until the vegetables are tender and dark around the edges.
- Remove from the other and let cool slightly. (NOTE: If you want, you can remove the skins from the red peppers – Immediately transfer the roasted peppers to a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. This allows the peppers to steam and helps to remove the skins. After about 10-15 minutes, carefully peel the skins away. – However, if you are using a high-speed blender I didn’t notice too much of a difference in taste or texture by leaving the skins on. So this step is your choice!) Reserve 4-6 cauliflower florets for garnishing the soup, if necessary.
- If you are using a high-speed blender or food processor: Puree the soup in 2 batches. Add half of the vegetables, half of the stock, the thyme, maple syrup, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if using) to the blender or food processor. Blend until very smooth adding a little more stock if necessary to thin the soup to desired consistency. Transfer the soup to a large bowl or pot then repeat with remaining vegetables and stock. Mix the two batches together well. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- If you are using a hand blender or immersion blender: Transfer the roasted vegetables, stock, thyme, maple syrup, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if using) to a large bowl or pot. Blend until very smooth. Add a little more stock if necessary to thin the soup to desired consistency. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately or keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This recipe was inspired by Gal on a Mission’s Cauliflower Roasted Red Pepper Soup and my Creamy Cauliflower Soup.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
This is such a beautiful soup, I bet it tastes amazing! I love how everything can be made so easy with the blender, can’t wait to try it out!
Hi, this sounds delicious! Can I freeze it?
Yay for making soups in the Vitamix! YUM!! This sounds amazing! And I love those bowls! 😉
Yes! I just got my Vitamix – it is a soup game changer!
Alisa Fleming says
I really need to get my soup game this winter, and this rich, healthy soup looks like the perfect one to start with.
This color! I wouldn’t have thought to mix peppers and cauliflower. Looks so creamy and delicious 🙂
It’s definitely creamy and delicious! Thanks, Maria!
Lindsay Cotter says
Would love to warm up with a bowl of this soup on a cold night! And I love how easy this is! Makes it even better! haha
Easy is always better! Thanks, Lindsay!