A fruity and delicious twist on traditional guacamole, this gluten free and vegan Pineapple Guacamole is the perfect dip for chips or veggies or to smear on your toast.
- 2–3 avocados, pit removed and skin scooped out
- Juice of 1 lime, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided (or to taste)
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced (or use up to 1 cup of fruit for a super sweet guacamole)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, diced (about 1 small pepper)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped (or to taste)
- In a large mixing bowl mash the avocados with half of the lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the garlic until smooth.
- Fold the pineapple, onion, pepper and cilantro.
- Stir in the remaining lime juice and season with additional salt if needed.
- Serve immediately with chips, veggie or toasts.