- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed (from about 1 15 oz can)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk (almond, soy, dairy, etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup homemade peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray an 8×8 baking pan with oil or grease with a little bit of butter or line with parchment paper.
- Add the black beans, eggs and oil to the food processor and blend until fairly smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, milk, baking soda and salt and continue blending, scraping down the sides as needed, until very well incorporated, another minute or so.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared baking pan.
- In a small microwave safe mixing bowl (or you can do this in a small pot on the stove) heat the peanut butter until very runny.
- Drop small blobs of the warm peanut butter all over the brownie batter. Use a knife, or spatula or a toothpick to swirl the peanut butter into the batter.
- Bake for 30-34 minutes until brownies spring back when pressed with index finger and a toothpick comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool mostly in the pan before cutting into 9 or 16 pieces.Serve warm or cold (with ice cream or without).