These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites are a seriously delicious and easy to make granola-like bite that are sure to be a hit with everyone! They make the perfect afternoon snack, simple dessert or game-day party food that everyone can enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free quick oats
- 1 cup crushed gluten free pretzels (or roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour (made from ground oats)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey (or use maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1/2 cup runny, natural peanut butter (or use homemade)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (from your favourite unflavoured dark chocolate bar)*
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil*
- Course sea salt
- In a small mixing bowl combine oats, crushed or chopped pretzels, oat flour and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine honey and peanut butter. Mix well. Fold in the oat and pretzel mixture and continue to mix until very well combined. (If you find the mixture is a little to dry and oats aren’t being evenly coated with the honey mixture you can add a little more honey to achieve the right consistency. Similarly, if the mixture is too wet and sticky you can add some more oat flour a tablespoon at a time.)
- Take a tablespoon (or use a cookie scoop) of the dough and tightly roll and pack the oat mixture into a ball. Place the ball on a lined baking sheet. Continue until all of the oat mixture is gone.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chocolate and coconut oil and microwave for a minute or so, stirring every 15 seconds, until smooth and melted.
- Take a teaspoon of the melted chocolate and drizzle it over each ball, giving each ball as much or as little chocolate as desired.
- Sprinkle a little bit of course sea salt on top of each bite.
- Place the baking sheet of energy bites to the freezer to set for about 20 minutes before transferring the bites to an air-tight container in the fridge. (If you aren’t going to eat the bites right away, you can keep them in the freezer until you need them making them a great make-ahead snack!)
*Chocolate drizzle is optional but highly recommended.[br]This recipe yields about 20 bites, but will vary depending on size.[br]Prep time listed does not include freezer time. [br]Nutritional information includes chocolate drizzle.