- 1 cup Homemade Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup oat flour, gluten free if needed
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, fold the peanut butter and sugar together with a spatula until well combined. Fold in egg and vanilla.
- Add the baking powder, salt and oats flour and stir just until a dough forms. (The dough should look slightly crumbly.)
- Scoop a spoonful of the dough into the palm of your hand, then tightly roll the dough ball about the size of a walnut or golf ball. (It is important to pack the cookie dough together really tight in the dough ball so the cookies don’t crumble apart.)
- Place the cookie dough ball on the prepared baking sheet and gently press the ball down into a cookie shape using your fingers or a fork. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until just golden brown around the edges and on the bottom.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes or so on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. This recipe makes 16-18 cookies