Peanut Butter Oat Cookies are a slightly non-tradition twist on a classic. Made gluten free, this lightened-up PB cookie will definitely leave you wanting a second.
Oh Boy – These cookies!!
Peanut Butter Oat Cookies to be exact.
Natural, Homemade Peanut Butter and oat flour bundled together in a cookie that is good enough to eat for breakfast… or dessert… or really any time because have I ever mentioned that cookies are my weakness? I just can’t say no to a cookie.
If there is one thing that gets me every single time, I mean, other than having a freezer stocked with ice cream (because when there is ice cream in the house all my self control goes right on out the window), it’s cookies.
A good, homemade, filled with love cookie. I just can’t resist. And these Peanut Butter Oat Cookies are no exception. Soft and chewy in the middle just a bit of crunch on the outside and just a mouthful of peanutty goodness.
Yep, pretty much perfection in every bite.
MORE ABOUT THESE PEANUT BUTTER OAT COOKIES…
Other than the fact that there’s (homemade!) Peanut Butter involved and that these cookies are gluten free and on the healthier side of a cookie, these are all I want right now.
I don’t mean to get all The Grinch that Stole Christmas up in here but seriously?!
It’s December 18th and it’s’ warm. It’s green. It’s not very Christmas or Holiday Season at all and I am not in the holiday spirit at all. Call me no fun at all but I live in Canada and I have insanely high expectations for White Winter Wonderlands this time of year.
So, I have decided to trade in the gingery men decorated in sweet white suits for these Peanut Butter beauts. And I am totally OK with that.
These cookies are not only totally delish but are easy peasy. 7 ingredients and 1 bowl will yield you with about 18 cookies.
Which, if you are in my kitchen, will generally last about 37 and a half seconds before all we have is a plate of crumbs.
Yeah – Joshua and I really like these ones.
Also, nothing beats a homemade cookie (see above).Print
- 1 cup Homemade Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup oat flour, gluten free if needed
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, fold the peanut butter and sugar together with a spatula until well combined. Fold in egg and vanilla.
- Add the baking powder, salt and oats flour and stir just until a dough forms. (The dough should look slightly crumbly.)
- Scoop a spoonful of the dough into the palm of your hand, then tightly roll the dough ball about the size of a walnut or golf ball. (It is important to pack the cookie dough together really tight in the dough ball so the cookies don’t crumble apart.)
- Place the cookie dough ball on the prepared baking sheet and gently press the ball down into a cookie shape using your fingers or a fork. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until just golden brown around the edges and on the bottom.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes or so on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. This recipe makes 16-18 cookies