A secretly healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip made gluten-free and perfect for fruit (or just straight off the spoon).
This post was sponsored by Peanut Butter and Co. I used their Smooth Operator Peanut Butter for this recipe.
You are going to want to try this dip! I mean, you NEED to try this dip.
Rich and creamy and perfectly sweet, this is definitely my new favourite way to eat all the no-bake, edible and secretly healthy cookie dough.
It’s so easy to make (a food processor and 5 minutes are about it!), gluten-free and so very, very delicious.
This dip is made not only with my new FAVOURITE natural peanut butter – Peanut Butter & Co (it’s just as good as the homemade peanut butter I make on a weekly basis!!) it’s also secretly so healthy too!
And by secretly so healthy I mean that when no one was looking I added chickpeas to the food processor right alongside peanut butter, honey and oats. Chickpeas! Chickpeas in a dessert food – but you’d NEVER EVER EVER KNOW IT! Making this more of a dessert hummus.
But when you tell your friends you are making a dessert hummus they look at you like you are CRAZY and respond with ‘uhh, no thanks…’ Buuuut when you tell them you are making Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip with the creamiest peanut butter going they get all ‘Sign me up!’ and ‘Can you make some of that for me?’ – it’s weird.
Whatever we are calling it, it’s Secretly Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip for.the.win.
MORE ABOUT THIS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH DIP…
The base of this dip IS chickpeas. The chickpeas give this dip a super creamy and rich, perfect cookie dough texture and you really, really can’t taste them.
The dip uses PB&Co’s Smooth Operator natural, no stir peanut butter and oats. Smooth Operator because it’s delicious and oats to give this dip a really authentic peanut butter cookie taste. The oats also absorb a lot of the moisture and make this dip super thick once it sits for a little while in the fridge which makes it perfectly spoonable. Oats are a must, my friend!
I used honey to sweeten (but maple syrup is a great vegan substitute if you want to also make this a vegan dip) and just a touch of granulated organic cane sugar. The sugar is optional for sure but also adds to the cookie dough-ness of this dip.
And that’s pretty much it – a pinch of salt, a little bit of cinnamon (because dessert hummus NEEDS cinnamon!!) and I definitely suggest folding in lots of chocolate chips because they really, really add to the cookie dough-ness of this dip.
Eat it with sliced apples, strawberries, bananas or seriously just with a spoon straight out of the food processor (because it’s just THAT good!!).Print
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: about 6 servings 1x
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons milk (non-dairy, dairy, whatever you have on hand)
- 3 tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter*
- 3 tablespoons quick oats
- 1/4 cup honey (or use maple syrup)
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar (I prefer organic cane sugar; optional but recommended)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional but very much recommended
- To the food processor add the chickpeas and milk. Blend until chickpeas are mostly smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- To the blended chickpeas, add peanut butter, oats, honey, sugar (if using), cinnamon and salt. Blend for 1 minute until really smooth and creamy being sure to continue to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Transfer cookie dough dip to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Dip is best if chilled for an hour 2 before being served with sliced fruit, honey crackers (or just by the spoonful!). Keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
*I used and loved PB&Co’s Smooth Operator Peanut Butter in the recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
This post was sponsored by Peanut Butter and Co. I was supplied with Peanut Butter to create this recipe to be featured on Yum Squad, PB&Co’s food blogger club. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible!
Liz @ pumpkin & peanut butter says
Ohhmygoodnesss this is the dip of my dreams!! Definitely want to give this a try soon!
You will LOVE this, Liz!!