Peanut butter and chocolate swirled into a slightly healthier take on the traditional crispy rice squares.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup smooth, natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup mild flavour, natural honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups gluten free brown crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large to medium pot over medium low heat, melt butter then add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla and heat, continually stirring, until peanut butter is warm and very runny, about 3 minutes.
- Add cereal and stir until evenly coated in the peanut butter mixture. When cereal is evenly coated, let cool in the pot for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate chips to the slightly cooled cereal and continue to stir until the chocolate chips start to melt and swirl into the peanut butter.
- Transfer the cereal mixture from the pot to the prepared pan. Using a piece of parchment paper laid overtop of the pan, press the cereal firmly into the pan.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours until the cereal is set and the peanut butter is firm. Cut into squares and enjoy!