A simple Summery Mixed Berry Quinoa Salad with Avocado recipe is the perfect (and easy) lunch or side dish all summer long. This zesty, clean eating and vegetarian quinoa salad made with strawberries, blueberries, mint, basil and a homemade lime and honey dressing is not only healthy but also delicious!
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (from about 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced, fresh strawberries
- 1 avocado, chopped/diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or use another nut like walnuts, sliced almonds or seeds)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped herbs (I used a combination of mint, basil and parsley)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- To a large mixing bowl add the cooked quinoa, berries, avocado, pecans and herbs.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add oil, honey, zest and juice of a lime and a good pinch of salt. Shake until combined.
- Pour dressing all over quinoa, berries and avocado in the mixing bowl and stir and toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with extra nuts and more herbs if desired.
This salad is best consumed within 1 day.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes