- 4 cups rolled oats, gluten free certified if needed
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oil (olive, avocado, etc)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rolled oats, pecans and cinnamon. Stir to combine then set aside.
- In a second smaller mixing bowl, add the maple syrup, oil, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the oats. Toss until the oats are evenly coated and evenly wet. Sprinkle the chia seeds and hemp hearts, if using, into the oat mixture and gentle stir to combine.
- Transfer the granola to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown, being sure to stir the granola every 8-10 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool completely on the baking sheet before storing in an airtight container. This granola keeps for about a week.
- Serve with your favourite yogurt, with milk or just by itself with an extra drizzle of maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes