Best breakfast ever!
Nothing makes me happier than waking up to a big bowl of yogurt and granola. And I am even super extra happy when it’s Maple Pecan Granola.
The sweet (but not too sweet) maple. The buttery and crunchy pecans. The seeds. The oats. It is everything. And very much gluten free, vegan and delicious!
Breakfast is still my favourite meal of the day. Breakfast food for dinner is pretty good too. But there is just something about breakfast. I definitely have much more of a sweet tooth when it comes to breakfast. Load me up with blueberry muffins, pancakes, chocolate chip waffles and, of course, this Maple Pecan Granola.
Just give me all that granola and a big ‘ol spoon and I am set. And coffee. Can’t forget about coffee.
WHY I LOVE THIS MAPLE PECAN GRANOLA RECIPE
Making granola at home is crazy easy. Seriously, crazy easy. Less than 10 ingredients and only 40 minutes all in… and most of that time the granola is in the oven so you’re free to catch up on your favourite TV shows, like The Bachelor and reruns of The Office, in between stirs.
As long as you have some (gluten free) rolled oats and some sort of liquid natural sweetener, like honey or maple, you can make yourself one tasty breakfast treat. I like adding in some super seeds at the last minute too. Seeds, like chia, hemp and flax, give breakfast some extra nutrition and a little extra texture and crunch. And nuts!
I have been on the pecan-loving train for a while now and I wouldn’t have it any other way! They’re expensive but so worth it. With their soft crunch and buttery flavour. Pecans were made to be with maple syrup inside of granola.
And just one last note on serving. Because I always like to get the last word in. And because have you guys ever tried skyr, the Icelandic yogurt? Move over Greek is pretty much all I have to say! I had heard of it before but have never seen it in the grocery store before this past weekend. Umm.. Game Changer! Joshua and I both vote that skyr (pronounced, in this house at least, as sky-er with a strong roll on the ‘r’) the best and that you need to try it as soon as possible.Print
- 4 cups rolled oats, gluten free certified if needed
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oil (olive, avocado, etc)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rolled oats, pecans and cinnamon. Stir to combine then set aside.
- In a second smaller mixing bowl, add the maple syrup, oil, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the oats. Toss until the oats are evenly coated and evenly wet. Sprinkle the chia seeds and hemp hearts, if using, into the oat mixture and gentle stir to combine.
- Transfer the granola to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown, being sure to stir the granola every 8-10 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool completely on the baking sheet before storing in an airtight container. This granola keeps for about a week.
- Serve with your favourite yogurt, with milk or just by itself with an extra drizzle of maple syrup.