Maple Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes are simple and healthy side dish to add to any dinner. Here, sweet potatoes are oven-roasted until tender with pure maple syrup and a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. This easy to make and clean eating recipe is gluten free, dairy free and great for meal prep too.
- 4 cups chopped of sweet potato, (from about 3 medium-ish sweet potatoes washed and cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or use avocado oil or liquid coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sweet potato chunks, cinnamon, nutmeg (if using) salt, pepper and oil. Toss and mix well, making for each sweet potato chunk is evenly coated.
- Arrange cut sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet – being sure to not crowd the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and stir or shake the sweet potatoes to make sure they are not burning on the bottom side then continue to bake for 10-15 minutes more until very tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and drizzle the maple syrup over the sweet potatoes and gently stir to coat. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until maple syrup is warm and bubbly but not burnt.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately beside any main dish.