Easy Maple Chili Lime Salmon is a healthy dinner recipe for any night of the week! This baked salmon uses lime, maple syrup and chili powder for a perfectly sweet and smoky glaze that pairs well with any fruity salsa. Best of all – this clean-eating salmon recipe is ready in 30 minutes!
- 2 4-6 oz portions boneless, skin on salmon
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
- Peach Salsa (or other sweet fruity salsa) for serving (optional but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Arrange salmon on the baking sheet skin side down and pat dry with a paper towel. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl combine maple syrup, mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and zest of the lime. Set aside.
- Bake salmon for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush the top and sides of each salmon with about half of the maple-chili-lime glaze and return to the oven to bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with the remaining glaze. Continue to bake until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with a generous squeeze of fresh lime juice (from the zested lime) and top with fruity salsa.
Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of salmon.
To make this a complete dinner serve Maple Chili Lime Salmon beside sauteed greens and quinoa.