An easy and quick maple candied pecans and almonds recipe made gluten free and vegan with toasted nuts, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. This is the perfect sweet snack or salad topper!
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt (plus more for sprinkling at the end)
- Heat a medium-sized pot on stove over medium heat.
- Add the pecans and the almonds to the hot pot, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. The nuts should become golden brown, very fragrant and should start releasing their oils. Be careful not to let the nuts burn.
- When the nuts are toasted, remove pot from heat and immediately add the maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. As the syrup bubbles, stir to evenly coat each nut.
- Transfer the maple-coated nuts to a piece of parchment paper or a baking mat, being sure to scrape all the extra syrup out of the pan and onto the nuts. Spread the nuts into an even layer.
- Let cool completely, about 4 hours to overnight, before breaking the nut clusters apart.
- Keep in an air-tight container for up to 1 week. Serve as a sweet snack or roughly chopped over yogurt, oatmeal or fresh fruit or, my favourite, on salad!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes