A super green Mango Avocado Green Smoothie recipe made with spinach, mango, avocado and banana for a crazy thick and creamy addition to your day!!
- 1 large handful baby spinach (or other leafy green; about 1 packed cup)
- 1/2 cup 100% pure orange juice (or use water instead)
- 1/2 smallish avocado (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup (heaping) frozen mango chunks (or use pineapple or a combination of both)
- 1 frozen banana (small; about 1 cup)
- handful ice cubes
- 1/2 cup water, plus more to thin if necessary
- 1 teaspoon raw or pure honey (optional but highly recommended)
- Optional Add-in: 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, 1 teaspoon maca powder, 1 scoop vanilla or unflavoured protein powder, etc
- Add spinach and orange juice (or water) to a high-speed blender (or food processor or other smoothie making tool). Blend on until spinach is mostly pureed – scrape down sides of blender if necessary.
- To the spinach liquid add avocado, mango, banana, ice cubes, water and add-ins, if using. Blend until thick, smooth and creamy, adding more water to thin smoothie if necessary. For a thicker smoothie, add more ice cubes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information includes grounds flaxseed and maca powder but does not include other smoothie add-ins.