A super green Mango Avocado Green Smoothie recipe made with spinach, mango, avocado and banana for a crazy thick and creamy start to your day!!
Now this is a green smoothie!
This Mango Avocado Green Smoothie is completely gluten free, dairy free and vegan too and is the perfect filling breakfast or afternoon snack.
Made in just a few minutes with the help of your blender/food processor/smoothie making tool, you’ll be craving this avocado based smoothie each and every day.
But seriously, have you ever put avocado in your smoothie?! Game changer!! Avocado makes your green smoothie so thick, super smooth and extra delicious. I thought for the looooongest time that it was the weirdest thing to do but I am officially hooked now!!
I mean, how can you say no to a healthy fat-packed, super filling and totally tropical tasting glass of green goodness?
MORE ABOUT THIS MANGO AVOCADO GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE: Tips and Tricks…
You can substitute any leafy green as the base of your smoothie but my go-to smoothie green is always baby spinach. It’s mild in flavour and tender in texture that I promise you won’t even know if was there… other than that beauty green colour. But seriously you can’t even taste it!!
And I must say again – total game changer! The smoothest, creamiest smoothie going thanks to everyone’s favourite avo. The avocado – we’re using half of a smallish ripe avocado here – does make this smoothie thick, and luscious and totally delicious. Other than the super thick texture, you wouldn’t even know it was there!
And then the good part – those tropical fruits!! Mango, banana, orange. I prefer mango here but any tropical flavoured fruit will do, like pineapple or a combination of the two! The mango together with some tangy orange and, my smoothie staple, a frozen banana tastes just like a tropical paradise! Especially with a little squeeze of honey for extra sweetness.
Lately I’ve been bulking my smoothies up with a couple of key mix-ins. I haven’t been feeling particularly hungry for breakfast or real food in the mornings lately so I rely on my smoothies to do the trick until lunchtime. My go-to add-ins have been a tablespoon or two of ground flaxseed, a teaspoon of maca powder, and a scoop of vanilla flavoured protein powder. (Sometimes I even go with a teaspoon of omega-3 fish oil, vitamin D drops and a scoop of either an immunity booster or a vitamin B-complex powder if I am feeling like I really need a super smoothie.) All, any or none of these add-ins will yield a fantastically green (and tasty) smoothie.
Cheers to a perfectly green smoothie for breakfast, afternoon snack or just because!Print
A super green Mango Avocado Green Smoothie recipe made with spinach, mango, avocado and banana for a crazy thick and creamy addition to your day!!
- 1 large handful baby spinach (or other leafy green; about 1 packed cup)
- 1/2 cup 100% pure orange juice (or use water instead)
- 1/2 smallish avocado (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup (heaping) frozen mango chunks (or use pineapple or a combination of both)
- 1 frozen banana (small; about 1 cup)
- handful ice cubes
- 1/2 cup water, plus more to thin if necessary
- 1 teaspoon raw or pure honey (optional but highly recommended)
- Optional Add-in: 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, 1 teaspoon maca powder, 1 scoop vanilla or unflavoured protein powder, etc
- Add spinach and orange juice (or water) to a high-speed blender (or food processor or other smoothie making tool). Blend on until spinach is mostly pureed – scrape down sides of blender if necessary.
- To the spinach liquid add avocado, mango, banana, ice cubes, water and add-ins, if using. Blend until thick, smooth and creamy, adding more water to thin smoothie if necessary. For a thicker smoothie, add more ice cubes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information includes grounds flaxseed and maca powder but does not include other smoothie add-ins.