A super green Mango Avocado Green Smoothie recipe made with spinach, mango, avocado and banana for a crazy thick and creamy start to your day!!
Now, this is a green smoothie!
This Mango Avocado Green Smoothie is completely gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan too and is the perfect filling breakfast or afternoon snack.
Made in just a few minutes with the help of your blender/food processor/smoothie-making tool, you’ll be craving this avocado-based smoothie each and every day.
But seriously, have you ever put avocado in your smoothie?! Game changer!! Avocado makes your green smoothie so thick, super smooth and extra delicious. I thought for the looooongest time that it was the weirdest thing to do but I am officially hooked now!!
I mean, how can you say no to a healthy fat-packed, super filling and totally tropical tasting glass of green goodness?
MORE ABOUT THIS MANGO AVOCADO GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE: Tips and Tricks…
You can substitute any leafy green as the base of your smoothie but my go-to smoothie green is always baby spinach. It’s mild in flavour and tender in texture that I promise you won’t even know if was there… other than that beauty green colour. But seriously you can’t even taste it!!
And I must say again – total game changer! The smoothest, creamiest smoothie going thanks to everyone’s favourite avo. The avocado – we’re using half of a smallish ripe avocado here – does make this smoothie thick, and luscious and totally delicious. Other than the super thick texture, you wouldn’t even know it was there!
And then the good part – those tropical fruits!! Mango, banana, orange. I prefer mango here but any tropical flavoured fruit will do, like pineapple or a combination of the two! The mango together with some tangy orange and, my smoothie staple, a frozen banana tastes just like a tropical paradise! Especially with a little squeeze of honey for extra sweetness.
Lately, I’ve been bulking my smoothies up with a couple of key mix-ins. I haven’t been feeling particularly hungry for breakfast or real food in the mornings lately so I rely on my smoothies to do the trick until lunchtime. My go-to add-ins have been a tablespoon or two of ground flaxseed, a teaspoon of maca powder, and a scoop of vanilla-flavoured protein powder. (Sometimes I even go with a teaspoon of omega-3 fish oil, vitamin D drops and a scoop of either an immunity booster or a vitamin B-complex powder if I am feeling like I really need a super smoothie.) All, any or none of these add-ins will yield a fantastically green (and tasty) smoothie.
Cheers to a perfectly green smoothie for breakfast, afternoon snack or just because!Print
A super green Mango Avocado Green Smoothie recipe made with spinach, mango, avocado and banana for a crazy thick and creamy addition to your day!!
- 1 large handful baby spinach (or other leafy green; about 1 packed cup)
- 1/2 cup 100% pure orange juice (or use water instead)
- 1/2 smallish avocado (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup (heaping) frozen mango chunks (or use pineapple or a combination of both)
- 1 frozen banana (small; about 1 cup)
- handful ice cubes
- 1/2 cup water, plus more to thin if necessary
- 1 teaspoon raw or pure honey (optional but highly recommended)
- Optional Add-in: 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, 1 teaspoon maca powder, 1 scoop vanilla or unflavoured protein powder, etc
- Add spinach and orange juice (or water) to a high-speed blender (or food processor or other smoothie making tool). Blend on until spinach is mostly pureed – scrape down sides of blender if necessary.
- To the spinach liquid add avocado, mango, banana, ice cubes, water and add-ins, if using. Blend until thick, smooth and creamy, adding more water to thin smoothie if necessary. For a thicker smoothie, add more ice cubes.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes