A summer inspired Lemony Vegetable Pasta Salad recipe made with rotini noodles, tons of chopped vegetables all in a super lemony dressing. This tasty, vegan and gluten free lunch idea is perfect for day of the week!
This post was sponsored by Bentilia Lentil Pasta. I used their Lentil Rotini for this recipe.
You guys I am pasta obsessed lately – creamy, baked, cold, gimme anyway I can get it! And this chilled lemony vegetable pasta salad is just so good, so fresh… so lemony! I used my new favourite lentil pasta for this recipe so it’s also loaded with all the protein too.
But seriously – lunch has never tasted so good.
Inspired by all my favourite flavours of summer – can you tell that I am getting so pumped for warm weather (insert smiling sun emoji times a million!). All the fresh veggies, all the bright and fresh flavours, it’s definitely summertime in a bowl. Eaten for lunch every day if I may, please!
MORE ABOUT THIS LEMONY VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD RECIPE…
This pasta salad is loaded with ALL THE VEGGIES! It is the perfect summer salad – packed with all the vegetables of the garden (or the market), whichever ones you like and definitely not the ones you don’t like.
My go-to’s for salads like this are always leafy greens (like kale), finely chopped peppers, green onions, grated carrots and parsley. But girlfriend, give those zucchini, cucumbers, spinach, jalapeños, tomatoes, peas or even olives a try!
And I really, really love this dressing for this salad – it’s lemony and bright and fresh and kind of savoury thanks to loads and loads of nutritional yeast… OK, maybe not loads and loads but a solid 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast gives this pasta a cheesy-like, savoury and super delicious flavour. That mixed with dried dill and lots of olive oil, it’s the most fantastic dressing for veggies and pasta.
I used Bentilia Lentil Pasta here and I definitely think it’s my new favourite. The noodles always keep perfect form (which is key for pasta salad) and are super simple and made with only one ingredient – lentils (which make this salad super nutritious with about 25 grams of protein and lots of fibre per serving) and is super filling (which is super important for lunch).
This recipe makes enough for about 4 servings and is in about 25 minutes. Yes- twenty minutes! If you are eating this one from the fridge (ie. not freshly made) you may need to add a little extra lemon and oil to keep the noodles from being too dry.
Lemony Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3-4 1x
A summer inspired Lemony Vegetable Pasta Salad recipe made with rotini noodles tons of chopped vegetables all in a super lemony dressing. This tasty, vegan and gluten free lunch idea is perfect for day of the week!
For the Dressing:
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill (optional but recommended)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional but recommended)
- Fresh ground pepper, to your liking
For the Salad:
- 2 1/2 cups dried Bentilia Pasta*
- 2 cups chopped kale (about 2 large leaves of curly or black kale)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (any colour works; about 1 medium pepper)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot (from 1/2 a peeled carrot)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (from about 2 green onions)
For the Dressing:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients for the dressing until well combined. Set aside.
For the Salad:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the kale to the mixing bowl with the dressing. Massage the dressing into the kale for a couple minutes until kale becomes tender. Fold in the rest of the chopped and grated vegetables.
- When the pasta is cooked to al-dente, drain and rinse well with cold water and shake the strainer well to remove excess water.
- Add the pasta to the dressed vegetables and fold to combine, ensuring the noodles are generously coated with the lemony dressing. Season with additional salt or lemon if needed.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
*If you haven’t ordered your Bentilia Lentil Pasta yet, you can substitute your favourite short cut pasta instead.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
This post was sponsored by Bentilia Lentil Pasta. I was supplied with pasta to create this recipe. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible!
Agness of Run Agness Run says
This kind of salad is my favourite. Such a healthy and nutrient-dense dish, Rebecca!
Thanks, Agness!! It’s definitely my favourite kind of salad too!!
[email protected] says
I am loving all the summer-y recipes popping up everywhere! This pasta salad sounds fantastic! That dressing!
Sandra Laflamme says
I have never tried lentil pasta before so may have to give that I go. I love salad dressings with lots of lemon. Sounds like a perfect refreshing summer pasta salad dish!
Lindsay Cotter says
Excited to add this to my lunch rotation! Can’t wait to try! Such delicious flavors going on!
Taylor Kiser says
This is the perfect summer salad! Looks so fresh and delicious! Great for summer BBQs!
Sonali- The Foodie Physician says
I could totally go for a bowl of this right now! The lemony dressing sounds awesome!
Thanks so much!! This dressing is just so good!
Jessica @Nutritioulicious says
This sounds so good! Love all those extra veggies in there. The lemon sounds like such a bright addition fit for spring!
Thanks so much, Jessica!!
A picnic perfect salad! I love the fresh lemony twist. Pasta salads were a summer staple growing but we don’t make them very often, I’ll have to give this one a try.
This would be so perfect for a picnic! Let me know how you like it, Sarah!