- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (or other liquid sweetener)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 10 cups kale, curly or dinosaur, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces (from 1 bunch of kale leaves)
- 1/2 cup Quick Maple Candied Nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (chives, parsley, oregano, basil, etc)
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (or plain goat cheese or no cheese)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, honey and salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Add washed and chopped kale into a really large bowl. Pour about 2/3 of the dressing over the kale. Using your hands, ‘massage’ or rub the dressing into the kale pieces to help break down the toughness of the kale. After about a minute of ‘massaging’ the kale, it should look soft and wilted.
- Sprinkle the nuts, cranberries, herbs and cheese over top of the kale.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of the remaining dressing if you’d like.