This Instant Pot Turkey & Black Bean Chili just made chili night so much better. This healthier take on chili is made in the Instant Pot with ground turkey and black beans for an easy yet delicious meal any night of the week.
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 454 g Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt (Real Salt or Sea Salt)
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large Tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 Garlic, minced or grated
- 1 cups Vegetable Broth, no-salt-added or low-sodium
- 2 cups Black Beans, from the can; drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- Turn the Instant Pot to ‘Saute’ and heat until warm.
- Add oil to the pot then brown the turkey, breaking it up as it cooks until no longer pink. Leave any juices or drippings from the meat in the pot.
- Add the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and salt and stir to combine with the turkey. Add onion, tomato, peppers and garlic, stir to combine and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the tomatoes start to release their juices.
- Add the vegetable broth and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pot. Stir in the beans. Allow the chili to come to a gentle boil before turning off sauté mode.
- Cover with the lid, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook on high for 12 minutes (it takes my instant pot about eight minutes to come to pressure), then carefully release the pressure manually.
- Stir in lime juice and season with additional salt or pepper if needed.
- Turkey chili is good in the fridge for up to three days in an airtight container or freeze for longer.
Prefer a thicker chili? Consistency of this chili can vary depending on how much liquid is released from the tomato and bell pepper during cooking. If your chili is too soupy for your liking, simply switch the Instant Pot to ‘Saute’ mode (after releasing pressure and removing the lid) and reduce some of the liquid for 8 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
Keywords: dinner, lunch, chili, turkey, ground turkey, turkey & black bean chili, soup