- 1 lb fresh asparagus, washed, trimmed and patted dry (I used 2 small bunches)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Optional for serving: a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, extra lemon juice, additional salt and pepper, fresh herbs
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Place the trimmed asparagus on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Roll the asparagus spears through the oil until each is equally covered in the oil. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Shake the pan gently to rotate the asparagus to make sure the spears are stuck to the pan.
- Season with a big pinch of salt and pepper then drizzle with honey and lemon juice. Gentle toss or roll the asparagus spears around on the tray to coat and return to the oven and roast for 5 minutes more.
- Serve immediately with garnish with additional lemon juice, salt and pepper or parmesan cheese or fresh herbs.