Perfectly tender and caramelized Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are a tasty side dish for any warm and cozy fall dinner. This Brussels sprout recipe is easy to make, gluten free, dairy free, vegan possible and so very delicious.
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts (about 3–4 cups), trimmed and halved
- 1 cup red or white onion, sliced or chopped (1 small onion)
- 1 tablespoon oil (I like avocado oil for roasting)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Transfer the trimmed Brussels sprouts and onions to the baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoons of oil – enough just to lightly coat each veggie piece when gently tossed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the bottom half of the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, gently toss the vegetables using a spatula to make sure they aren’t sticking to the pan. Drizzle balsamic and honey, gently tossing again to make sure all Brussels sprouts get some of that balsamic and honey.
- Continue to roasted for another 10-15 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are very tender and nicely caramelized.
- Serve immediately.