A SIMPLE Honey Almond Granola recipe made gluten free and with only 6 ingredients like toasty oats, crunchy almonds and sweet, sweet honey! It’s a recipe that is sure to please.
I know, I can’t believe it either. This crazy simple and easy to make honey-sweetened almond-ey granola is made with only SIX ingredients. Six! Simple, easy and so not complicated.
This gluten free (when using gluten free certified oats, of course) and healthy breakfast is a delicious way to start your day.
Especially, when served with yogurt! Honey Almond Granola over Greek yogurt is definitely my kind of breakfast.
I have had breakfast on the mind lately. And other than my latest pancake craze, I can feel a BIG granola kick coming on next. And often when it comes to me and granola, I can’t get enough. I don’t know what it is but that sweet and crunchy oat and nut combo just does something for me in the mornings… and afternoons… and after dinner.
I make time for granola all.the.time.
MORE ABOUT THIS HONEY ALMOND GRANOLA RECIPE…
I love that this recipe can be made relatively quickly and with minimal ingredients (minimal ingredients means minimal prep-time, which is definitely OK with me). And luckily, a half hour is just about enough time to make a batch of this granola.
There’s nothing fancy here, just simple deliciousness. Rolled oats work best for this recipe. And whole, raw almonds too, just roughly chopped. I use pure, liquid honey for all my granola needs. (And highly recommend going with a honey produced locally to you. Splurging on local honey is definitely worth it!!). And then it’s your favourite oil – I am loving avocado oil lately but coconut, olive, grapeseed all work – a little fine sea salt and a splash of vanilla.
This isn’t the most clustery of granolas, but that’s ok with me. And this granola is sweet but not too sweet, which is also ok with me. (You can go crazy with honey when you are making this if super sweet is your thing, don’t worry.) Then be sure to serve lots of this granola over plain greek yogurt topped sliced bananas or berries, as a garnish to your next smoothie bowl or just straight-up right off the pan.Print
A super simple and easy to make Honey Almond Granola recipes with only 6 ingredients!! This gluten free and healthy breakfast is a delicious start to your day.
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pure honey
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (I love avocado oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Roughly chop the whole almonds into smaller pieces. This doesn’t have to be perfect. (You can also use a food processor pulse the almonds into smaller pieces.)
- In a large mixing bowl add the rolled oats and almonds and stir to combine.
- In a smaller microwave-safe bowl add the honey, oil, vanilla and salt and microwave for about 30 seconds until just warm and the honey and oil mixes easily.
- Pour the warm honey mixture into the oats and mix until each oat and nut is coated. (If you find the mixture too wet, you can add a 1/4 cup oats or enough the oats are just moist and not sopping.)
- Transfer the oat mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake for about 24 minutes or until golden brown being sure to stir the granola every 6-8 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool completely on the baking sheet before storing in an airtight container. This granola keeps for about a week.