Homemade Lemon Garlic Hummus is the perfect snack. Serve with veggies, crackers or on toast, this hummus is simple and easy to make and loaded with flavour!
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 1 19-oz can less about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini (mine was really ‘runny’)
- Juice from 1 ‘juicy’ lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (optional but recommended)
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional but recommended)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling on top
- Add all ingredients, except for oil, to a food processor and blend. Slowly stream in the oil and continue to blend for about 3 minutes until very smooth.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes