These Hemp Crusted Chicken Thighs are so good and so easy to make. This clean eating chicken recipe is gluten free, dairy free and packed with protein. This healthy dinner recipe uses bone-in/skin-on chicken thighs, savoury-spiced hemp seeds and Dijon mustard baked in the oven until perfection for a simple yet delicious meal.
¼ cup hemp seeds (hulled hemp hearts)
1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Italian spice blend
¼teaspoon unrefined salt
4 medium-sized bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
4teaspoon Dijon mustard*
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, combine hemp seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian spice blend, paprika and salt.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Smear a teaspoon of mustard over the skin-side of each chicken thigh until evenly coated.
- Place the mustard-coated side of the chicken into the hemp seed mixture and press firmly to coat in hemp seeds. While the chicken is upside down in the hemp mixture, lightly season the bottom side of the chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer hemp-crusted chicken to the prepared baking sheet and repeat with each chicken thigh.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (showing an internal temperature of 165F). Serve immediately with your favourite healthy side dishes.