This Healthy Green Goddess Dressing is a mayo-free and lightened-up take on the creamy green classic. Made with a base of Greek yogurt, lots of fresh herbs, garlic and a little kick of jalapeño, this dressing is good on anything and everything!!
Today I am spooning out this beautifully vibrant, homemade and healthy Green Goddess Dressing! And it’s so good.
And so green!
This gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly Green Goddess goodness is the perfect dip for veggies, the tastiest spread for your sandwich, the ideal sauce for your next quinoa salad, the ultimate in smears for crackers with cheese, the best dressing for any leafy green. Anything and everything, friends.
So creamy. So tangy. So herby. So flavourful. So fresh.
I love the basil and parsley together with the lemon and the garlic and the faintest hint of spicy jalapeño. A faint hint of spicy, my friends. This is NOT a spicy dressing because we all know now that I can’t do it. I can’t.
The perfect addition to any sandwich or salad just in time for spring and the official start to salad season and lighter lunch choices…
MORE ABOUT THIS HEALTHY GREEN GODDESS DRESSING: TIPS AND TRICKS
I love this dressing because it doesn’t take all that much more effort than whisking together an oil and vinegar dressing. Everything goes into the blender and Healthy Green Goddess comes out.
And seriously though – that beautiful green colour!!!
It does take a minute or two to get this dressing smooth and extra creamy. I found the blender (or NutriBullet) work much better than a food processor to get a super smooth and even consistency.
Just the fact that this dressing is made with only ingredients that are good for you too makes this dressing just taste even better… and most of them you probably already have on hand anyway! Plain Greek yogurt, fresh herbs, a little bit of garlic and lemon blended with extra virgin olive oil and a hint of jalapeño (which is totally optional by the way!) and you’re well on your way to a very green and healthy Green Goddess Dressing, my friends!
I keep this dressing in a tightly sealed mason jar in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just be sure to give it a good shake or stir each time you go to use it.Print
Healthy Green Goddess Dressing
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: about 1 cup of dressing 1x
This Healthy Green Goddess Dressing is a mayo-free and lightened-up take of the creamy green classic. Made with a base of Greek yogurt, lots of fresh herbs, garlic and a little kick of jalapeño, this dressing is good on anything and everything!!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (0% or 2% works great!)
- 1 cup fresh basil, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- 1 tablespoon honey, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (about half a small pepper; optional but recommended)
- 1/2 small clove of garlic, minced or grated, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- To a blender (I’ve use my NutriBullet for this!) or food processor, add yogurt, basil, parsley and 2 tablespoon of oil and blend until mostly smooth, scraping the sides in necessary.
- Add the remaining oil, lemon juice, honey, jalapeño pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend and pulse until very smooth and well incorporated.
- Season with additional salt, pepper or honey, if needed.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Liz Martone says
I’m always looking for new dressings to brighten up my salads so I’m definitely adding this to the list! I’m loving how jam-packed it is with herbs! Looks incredible 🙂
Thanks, Liz!! I am maybe just a little bit obsessed with it lately.