This Healthy Chickpea Salad recipe makes for a quick and easy plant-based and gluten-free lunch or side dish packed with fresh veggies, lots of healthy fats and fibre!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, drained and/or rinsed well
- 2 cups fresh veggies, chopped (try a combination of different coloured peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, etc)
- 1/4 cup red or green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, optional
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, roughly chopped (I like parsley and basil the best), optional
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, herbs, salt and pepper until combined and smooth. This will be the dressing for your salad.
- Fold chickpeas and chopped veggies into the dressing and toss until well combined and the chickpeas are evenly coated in the dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle hemp seeds and fresh herbs on top, if using.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Salad tastes best if it sits for at least 4 hours in the fridge but can be served immediately if needed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes