A Healthy Black Bean Salsa Dip with a cilantro and lime dressing served with the biggest side of organic corn tortilla chips ever. It’s a little spicy, a little sweet, a little crunchy, a little tangy and a lot delicious.
Now, this is my kind of dip!
Also, invite me to your next game-day viewing party because I will definitely be bringing this bowl of heaven along.
In case you haven’t noticed… I love black beans.
I never really thoughts about it much before but 3 weeks and 3 different black bean recipes. It must be love. I hope that’s OK with you because it’s definitely OK with me. First, it was the Black Bean and Mango Quinoa Salad then it was the Spicy Black Bean Oat Burgers and now we have the ultimate in ultimate party food – a black bean salsa dip. And it’s healthy party food too. AKA the best kind of party food!
MORE ABOUT THIS BLACK BEAN SALSA DIP…
This Black Bean Salsa Dip is, as its name implies, intended to be a party dip. But! It can also function as a bean salad when tossed with some baby greens or as more of a salsa for tacos or homemade nachos.
Because if this isn’t the most versatile of recipes, I just don’t know what it is.
This dip recipe is also super duper easy to make. We’re actually just tossing everything together in a bowl and serving it alongside your favourite tortilla chips. And because we are just chopping and tossing the ingredients together here, you can really use whatever you have in the fridge or build this dip to your liking. Don’t like peppers? Use corn kernels. Don’t like jalapenos? Totally forget them! Feeling really adventurous? Toss in some diced avocado! Super-duper easy.
And because we are using only fresh ingredients and the realist of real food here, this black bean salsa dip is one-hundred percent gluten-free and vegan! And talk about fun to eat! Every bite is a little different but equally as delicious as the last.
This is my kind of dip!Print
Healthy Black Bean Salsa Dip with Cilantro and Lime
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: enough for a party (about 6-8 cups)
For the Salsa Dip
- 1 (15 or 19 oz) can (low sodium) black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper, chopped (use a red or green pepper or a little of both)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, very finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped (I used a combination of red and green onions here)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 1 (8 oz) can (low sodium) corn kernels, drain and rinsed well (optional)
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of a lime, 1-2 tablespoons or to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons agave or honey, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 handful cilantro (about 1/4 cup)
For the Salsa Dip:
- Add all the ingredients (black beans, peppers, onion, cilantro and avocado, tomatoes or corn, if using) to a large mixing bowl and toss until well incorporated.
For the Dressing
- In a blender, food processor or Nutri-Bullet, add the oil, lime juice, agave or honey, salt, cumin and cilantro. Blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing over dip and toss until veggies are evenly coated.
- Can be served room temperature of chilled.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
[email protected] says
This is definitely my kind of dip too! I adore black beans and that dressing sounds awesome!
Thanks, Ashley!! Aren’t healthy party dips just the best?!