This is my go-to healthy Beef & Bean chili recipe that I know you are going to love too! This classic-style chili is made with ground beef, lots of beans and a super delicious combination of spices.
- 454 g Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 cup Yellow Onion (finely chopped; from 1 medium onion)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced or finely grated)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chili
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 large Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 cup diced Tomato (from 1 large tomato)
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth, no-salt-added or low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cups Mixed Beans (from the can, drained and rinsed well)
- 1/2 Lime (juiced; or to taste)
- Brown the beef over medium-high heat. Remove any drippings or grease from the pot.
- Reduce heat to medium and I had the oil to the same pot. add the onions And cook for 3 to 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and Tomato paste and cook for another minute Then start in the spices.
- Add the pepper, tomatoes and brown beef to the pot and stir to combine. Stir in the broth then the beans.
- Increase it safely to bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 25 minutes or until that chilli has reduced slightly and thickened.
- Stir in the lime juice and season with any additional salt if needed.
I love this beef and bean chili topped with an extra squeeze of lime juice, fresh avocado and a touch of fresh cilantro.
This chili lasts for up to three days in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze for later.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
Keywords: soup, dinner, beef, chili, beans, beef and beans, meal prep