For the fruit:
- 4 cups apples, peeled, cored, roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (I used macintosh apples)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar (I prefer organic cane sugar)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour or tapioca flour
For the oat crumble:
- 3/4 cup oats (gluten-free certified, of course)
- 1/4 cup almond flour (also known as almond meal)
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9-inch round casserole dish or pie plate (or use an 8×8 baking dish) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add peeled and cut apples and berries to a mixing bowl. Stir in the cinnamon, salt, sugar and arrowroot flour. When apples and berries are evenly covered in the spice mixture transfer them to the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In the same mixing bowl used for the apples, whisk melted butter, oil, honey and vanilla together until smooth. Fold in oats, almond flour and flax, making sure all the oats are coated in the butter and honey.
- Spoon the the oat mixture over top of the fruit in a thin, even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the oat crumble is crisp and golden brown.
- Serve warm!
Nutritional information does not include ice cream.