Green smoothies are the ultimate in breakfast (…or snack! …or dessert!) and this one is my absolute favourite!
I’ve tried many green smoothies over the last little while. So many! And this smoothie is the one that I just keep going back to over and over and over again.
This green smoothie is packed with spinach and tons of tropical flavours for a super healthy and tasty breakfast on the go! And chia seeds! Can’t forget about those chias.
MORE ABOUT MY FAVOURITE GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE…
Green smoothies are perfect for getting your veggies in at breakfast time. There is over 1 full cup of spinach (and that counts as 1 full serving of veggies) that goes into this smoothie.
As if we’d have it any other way…
Here I took my favourite gluten-free and super healthy smoothie ingredients – the banana, the mango, chia seeds and fresh baby spinach – and made it more fun! And by fun I mean green.
(And the cute swirly straw really helps with the fun too!)
For those of you who haven’t experienced a green smoothie before you just have to! You can’t taste the spinach, I promise! It’s magically masked by all that wonderful tropical flavour.
It’s fruity, refreshing and wonderfully bright green (A.K.A. the perfect way to brighten a rather freezing and snowy January).
For all my smoothies, I use my NutriBullet (And I love it – It’s perfect for smoothies on the go because you don’t have to decant the smoothie into a portable cup!) or my Vitamix but any sort of blender or food processor will do.
I really think the secret to a good smoothie is using frozen fruit. Lots and lots of frozen fruit. (Try making your own frozen fruit at home using this tutorial!) Frozen fruit blends up so nicely giving your smoothies a creamy and almost luxurious texture. It’s the best. And I always throw an extra ice cube or two in for an extra cold and frosty taste.
My Favourite Green Smoothie for all!!Print
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 (large) banana, frozen is best
- 1 cup mango chunks, frozen is best
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk (almond, coconut, regular or use pineapple juice for an extra sweet treat!)
- Handful of ice cubes (optional)
- In a blender, food processor or NutriBullet add spinach, cold water and chia seeds. Blend until smooth.
- Add banana, mango, honey, if using, and 1/4 cup milk or juice. Blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add a little extra water or thinning if the smoothie is too thick.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes