A Green Apple Smoothie recipe is the ultimate nutritious addition to your morning. Loaded with fruits and vegetables, this smoothie starts your day off right!
- 1 cup (packed) baby spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk or water, divided (plus more to thin if necessary)
- 1 small frozen banana (or about 1/2 cup of frozen banana slices)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks (or use mango, peaches or more banana)
- 1/2 cup diced fresh apple (about 1/2 an apple; I used a Granny Smith Apple)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (or other liquid sweetener like maple syrup or agave), or to taste
- Handful of ice cubes, optional
- Optional Add-ins – 1 teaspoon of chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds
- In a blender, food processor or NutriBullet add spinach and 1/2 cup of almond milk or water. Blend until smooth. (I like blending to the spinach first to avoid any spinach chunks in my smoothie – even in my Vitamix I still find the odd leaf.)
- Add banana, pineapple or other fruit, apple, lemon, honey, 1/4 cup of remaining almond milk or water and ice (and any add-ins like seeds). Blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information does not include optional add-ins.