A Great Guacamole recipe! This is a quick and delicious dip that’s naturally vegan and gluten free with avocados, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, cilantro, lime and spicy jalapeño peppers.
- 3 medium, just ripe haas avocados
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper (or fresno pepper) seeded and chopped (if you don’t like spice use a bell pepper instead; about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or finely grated (or to taste)
- Juice of half of a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or more to taste
- A dash or two of hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne or chipotle powder (optional)
- Chips or veggie sticks for serving.
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit and scoop the avocado flesh in a mixing bowl.
- With a fork or a potato masher, mash the avocado until only a few large chunks remain. (Alternatively, you can leave the avocado chunkier or mash it until completely smooth it is up to you!)
- Fold in the tomato, onion, pepper, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper and hot sauce (if using) until well combined. Season to taste with more salt, lime juice or hot sauce if needed.
- Let chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes for the flavours to mingle and come together or serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes