Gluten Free Flax Almond Oatmeal Pancakes are what breakfast is all about!! Light and fluffy pancakes made with a combination of oats, almonds and ground flaxseeds will definitely leave you feeling ready to take on your day.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 2 tablespoons sugar, optional but recommended
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (dairy or nondairy; I use almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Oil or cooking spray for the pan
- Maple syrup, butter, peanut butter, sliced banana, etc for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, oats, almond flour, flax, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a second mixing bowl whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla well together. Add the milk mixture to the flour and whisk until smooth and no clumps remain.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium low heat. Spray (I love my Misto for this but any natural oil sprayer will do) or add just a couple drops of oil to the pan.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of batter at a time to the pan per pancake. Cook for about 4 minutes or until the pancakes start to turn a golden brown colour around the edges. Flip and cook for 3-4 minutes more. Transfer cooked pancakes to a cooling rack in a low oven (about 200F) to keep warm or serve immediately. Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Serve with your favourite pancake toppings – maple syrup, honey, jam, peanut butter, banana slices, etc. Store any leftover pancakes in the fridge and reheat in a toaster set on medium low.
The longer the batter sits, the fluffier the pancakes become.
If you find the batter initially too thin, add 1 tablespoon at a time of oat flour until desired consistency is reached.
Recipe modified from my Gluten Free Almond Oat Waffles.
Nutritional Information does not include oil for frying or toppings.