- 4–5 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (from 1 large head or bunch)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raw or toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dates, finely chopped (or dried cranberries)
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped (white, red or green onion will do)
- 3 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- To a large mixing bowl, add the chopped broccoli, cubed cheese, parsley, sunflower seeds, finely chopped dates and onion. Toss to combine.
- In a second smaller mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt, oil, and vinegar together then whisk in the honey and salt adding fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Pour the yogurt dressing over the broccoli and toss until the broccoli is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or keep in a airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes