Quinoa salad doesn’t get easier than this! This Easy Quinoa Salad with Garden Veggies is a simple yet protein-packed, clean eating recipe perfect for a cold lunch or healthy side for dinner. Made gluten free and vegetarian with kale, zucchini and fresh herbs and topped with a sweet citrus dressing. Best topped with lots and lots of feta cheese!
For the Salad:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups kale, washed and finely chopped or shredded (from 1–2 leaves)
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper (from about 1 pepper; I used red)
- 1 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh herbs, roughly chopped (I used basil and parsley)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, optional
For the Dressing:
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced or finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, add the quinoa, kale, pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, herbs and onions. Stir to combine.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar with tight-fitting lid and shake well, until combined and smooth. Alternatively, whisk all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over top and toss to combine well. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Top with feta cheese (if using).
- Salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1