- 5–6 Roma tomatoes, quartered with tough, white core parts removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 small onion (about 1/2 cup), cut in have with root end removed
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, cut in half and seeded
- 1/2 cup cilantro, washed and roughly torned
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Optional: Red pepper flakes, hot sauce, extra garlic or cilantro
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until ingredients are finely chopped and well combined. Season with additional salt and lime juice, if needed.
- If your tomatoes are really juicy, you can drain off the excess liquid for a chunkier, thicker salsa being sure to squeeze a little extra lime juice over top to ensure a zesty taste.