A super quick and easy Blueberry Chia Seed Jam recipe that uses only 5 ingredients. This tasty jam comes together less than 30 minutes.
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (If I use frozen, I use wild blueberries that I buy in the freezer aisle of my grocery store)
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen (If I use frozen, I use sliced strawberries)
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 tablespoons honey (or sweetener of your choice – maple syrup, agave syrup, cane sugar)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add blueberries and strawberries to a small sauce pot over medium heat with lemon juice.
- Stirring occasionally let the berries heat until they start releasing their juices. When the juices come to a gentle boil, reduce heat and let simmer until the berries start breaking down, about 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla, honey (or sweetener of your choice) and chia seeds and let simmer for 5 minutes more, stirring frequently so the jam doesn’t stick to the pot, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the pot. As the jam cools it will become thick and jam-like.
- Transfer to an airtight container or jar and keep refrigerated.