I am pretty sure the only thing that is better than fresh, straight from the farmer who picked them this morning is this absolutely delicious and bright Blueberry Lemon Chia Seed Jam! Tons of blueberries and strawberries mixed with a little bit of lemon juice and honey and then thickened into a jelly with chia seeds!
Beautiful fluffy pancakes topped with a beautiful homemade blueberry lemon chia jam pretty much equals the best thing ever.
I am serious about this homemade jam business. And You can do it too!
The secret? Chia seeds.
That’s right! Homemade jam couldn’t be easier thanks to chia seeds. And only 5 other ingredients which come together in a delicious sauce in less than 30 minutes!!
How can you beat that?
I mean, not that I am re-inventing the culinary wheel or anything here. Chia seed jams and jellies are all the rage these days and for good reason! You can pretty much use any combination of berries and fruits, adjust the sweetness and added extracts to your liking and in about 30 minutes you have a pot of gluten free, vegan-possible, chia-powered deliciousness.
And chia seed jam is pretty much heavenly with just about anything including many scoops of chia seed jam by the spoonful right into your mouth (I’m not judging!) and, of course, always on pancakes.
It’s just so bright and fresh and sweet and lemony and just good. (Blueberries + Lemon = ahhhhmazing!!)
And why not sneak those nutritiously crunchy chia seeds in where ever we can get ’em! This blueberry and lemon chia seed jam is an awesome way to incorporate more chia seeds into your breakfast… and your pancakes!And it’s a healthier alternative to the traditional store-bought, super processed jams loaded with waaaay too much sugar. Blueberry Chia Seed Jam is my to-go whenever I need a quick sauce or spread for freshly baked muffins on the weekends, fresh oatmeal or to keep my homemade peanut butter company on my toast during busy weekday mornings.
But you’ll have to make your own because this pot is for me!!Print
A super quick and easy Blueberry Chia Seed Jam recipe that uses only 5 ingredients. This tasty jam comes together less than 30 minutes.
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (If I use frozen, I use wild blueberries that I buy in the freezer aisle of my grocery store)
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen (If I use frozen, I use sliced strawberries)
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 tablespoons honey (or sweetener of your choice – maple syrup, agave syrup, cane sugar)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add blueberries and strawberries to a small sauce pot over medium heat with lemon juice.
- Stirring occasionally let the berries heat until they start releasing their juices. When the juices come to a gentle boil, reduce heat and let simmer until the berries start breaking down, about 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla, honey (or sweetener of your choice) and chia seeds and let simmer for 5 minutes more, stirring frequently so the jam doesn’t stick to the pot, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the pot. As the jam cools it will become thick and jam-like.
- Transfer to an airtight container or jar and keep refrigerated.