This Easy Curried Roasted Cauliflower recipe is a super simple side dish that is perfect for any dinner.
Because I think we all agree that veggies are best when roasted.
This is a super easy side dish that can stand up to just about anything that you put beside it. The bite-sized cauliflower pieces and the bits of onion tossed in warm and cozy yellow curry powder and honey then roasted to golden brown perfection.
What is not to love about this gluten-free, vegan possible (use maple syrup instead of honey) and totally delish cauliflower recipe?!
My mind has been all about all things roasted lately. Roasted sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli, roasted brussels sprouts. You name it, if it’s in my fridge I’m going to try to roast it.
Roasted veggies are the way to go in this kitchen, that’s for sure. And bite-sized cauliflower pieces tossed in an exotic (for some, maybe?) spice blend and then roasted turns into one delicious side dish.
MORE ABOUT THIS CURRIED ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE…
I find that curry powder to be so delicious this time of year… And every other time of the year, but especially now. It gives me that warm and cozy feeling which is perfect after a long, chilly day. Its yellow colour is so bright and cheery making it the perfect addition to dinner on any grey and dreary night.
And curry powder loves a little bit of sweet to balance it out – enter honey. And the honey here not only balances but helps those bite-sized cauliflower pieces caramelize so well. I also add some ground cumin, garlic powder, a pinch of cayenne and salt and pepper (obviously) to the curry powder-honey party. You can skip the cumin and garlic and cayenne but they are highly recommended.
The overall flavour in this dish is just right for my taste buds. Not overly powering or overwhelming but there. You know, somewhere between a little more than subtle but not quite sticks with you for days. Right?
And those onions, you ask? They add a little extra sweetness when roasted just a little caramelized in the oven. They also add a little bit of texture which I love. Onions, as I am reminded all the time, are Joshua’s favourite vegetable so I have to add them to everything.
Tear some cilantro on top and you’ve got yourself an easy curried roasted cauliflower side dish.Print
Easy Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
This Easy Curried Roasted Cauliflower recipe is a super simple side dish that is perfect beside any dinner.
- 6–8 cups cauliflower (1 small-medium cauliflower), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced (I used red/purple onion)
- 2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional, but recommended)
- Pinch of cayenne powder (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey (or use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional, but recommended)
- 1–2 tablespoons of oil (depending on how much cauliflower you have)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped or torn
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the cut up cauliflower and onion to a large mixing bowl. Add the spices, honey, lemon and oil and toss to combine. It’s easiest to use your hands to make sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and golden brown, flipping or tossing the cauliflower once half way through.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Emily Kyle says
This sounds like the perfect side dish for any occasion! I love the flavor combo of cauliflower and turmeric!
Alisa Fleming says
I LOVE curried cauliflower. These flavors are meant to be together.
Jessica @ Nutritioulicious says
Roasted veggies are definitely the best! This dish looks amazing with the curry and cilantro!
I’ve had curry powder in my cabinet for MONTHS now and I just don’t know what to do with it! This Curried Roasted Cauliflower sounds and looks amazing – not to mention it will get me eating more veggies! [which Im awful at]
Sounds like a win-win situation to me!! I hope you love this recipe, Kat!!
Chrissa - Physical Kitchness says
Roasted cauliflower it TOTALLY my jam, but I always just put a little olive oil and some salt on it. THIS will definitely mix it up and give my taste buds a little treat!
Yes!! I have my go-to’s for certain things too and it’s nice to be able to switch it up sometimes. Enjoy, Chrissa.
Elizabeth Shaw says
I love the curry cauliflower trend! It’s delicious and so satisfying!
So delicious! Thanks, Liz!!
amanda -runtothefinish says
I’m so bad at measuring, I just sprinkle and hence my limited use of curry because it can be so overpowering in that fashion ha!! I could absolutely bust out the spoons to try this though
haha! Yes, measuring is key in this case!!