This Easy Curried Roasted Cauliflower recipe is a super simple side dish that is perfect for any dinner.
Because I think we all agree that veggies are best when roasted.
This is a super easy side dish that can stand up to just about anything that you put beside it. The bite-sized cauliflower pieces and the bits of onion tossed in warm and cozy yellow curry powder and honey then roasted to golden brown perfection.
What is not to love about this gluten free, vegan possible (use maple syrup instead of honey) and totally delish cauliflower recipe?!
Roasted veggies are the way to go in this kitchen, that’s for sure. And bite-sized cauliflower pieces tossed in an exotic (for some, maybe?) spice blend and then roasted turns into one delicious side dish.
MORE ABOUT THIS CURRIED ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE…
I find that curry powder to be so delicious this time of year… And every other time of the year, but especially now. It gives me that warm and cozy feeling which is perfect after a long, chilly day. Its yellow colour is so bright and cheery making it the perfect addition to dinner on any grey and dreary night.
And curry powder loves a little bit of sweet to balance it out – enter honey. And the honey here not only balances but help those bite-sized cauliflower pieces caramelize so well. I also add some ground cumin, garlic powder, a pinch of cayenne and salt and pepper (obviously) to the curry powder-honey party. You can skip the cumin and garlic and cayenne but they are highly recommended.
The overall flavour in this dish is just right for my taste buds. Not overly powering or overwhelming but there. You know, somewhere between a little more than subtle but not quite sticks with you for days. Right?
And those onions, you ask? They add a little extra sweetness when roasted a just a little caramelized in the oven. They also add a little bit of texture which I love. Onions, as I am reminded all the time, are Joshua’s favourite vegetable so I have to add them to everything.
Tear some cilantro on top and you’ve got yourself an easy curried roasted cauliflower side dish.Print
This Easy Curried Roasted Cauliflower recipe is a super simple side dish that is perfect beside any dinner.
- 6–8 cups cauliflower (1 small-medium cauliflower), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced (I used red/purple onion)
- 2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional, but recommended)
- Pinch of cayenne powder (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey (or use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional, but recommended)
- 1–2 tablespoons of oil (depending on how much cauliflower you have)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped or torn
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the cut up cauliflower and onion to a large mixing bowl. Add the spices, honey, lemon and oil and toss to combine. It’s easiest to use your hands to make sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and golden brown, flipping or tossing the cauliflower once half way through.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.