These Crispy Quinoa Patties are the perfect hearty and stick-together bean-free and soy-free veggie burger made completely gluten free and vegetarian-friendly with only 10 ingredients. They are crispy, chewy and perfect for dinner tonight.
- 2 3/4 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 green onion, chopped or thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced or finely grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Italian spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1–2 tablespoon oil, for the pan
- Add quinoa (see below for easy quinoa cooking instructions) to a large mixing bowl with the eggs, oat flour, onion, garlic, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian spice blend and salt and pepper and mix until well combined with a spatula. Let the mixture rest for at least 10 minutes, to give the quinoa and oat flour some time to absorb some of the liquid.
- Form the quinoa mixture into 8 evenly sized patties, about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the mixture each.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat. In 2-3 batches, depending on how big your pan is,cook the patties 5-8 minutes a side until crispy and golden brown. Be sure to adjust the heat if patties are browning too quickly or not quick enough.
- Serve immediately with toppings of choice – I like fresh herbs and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge and reheated or crumbled over a salad.
Quinoa Cooking Instructions:
- Rinse quinoa under cold water then add to a medium pot with 1 3/4 cup of water or stock. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover, cooking for 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender and all the water is absorbed. Let quinoa cool until just barely warm.