Crispy Garlic & Herb Kale Chips are the perfect snack. This oven-baked kale chip recipe uses a simple, homemade garlic and herb spice blend, curly kale and avocado oil for an easy, DIY veggie chip that actually tastes good!
5 cups Kale (washed, dried really well, and torn into pieces)
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 300ºF and line 1 or 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or reusable baking mats.
- Place the kale in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the oil and lightly massage the kale until each piece is lightly coated in the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano and salt to make the garlic & herb spice blend. Reserve about 1/8 teaspoon of the spice blend for later. Sprinkle the garlic & herb spice mixture onto the kale pieces in batches (add about a third of the spice mixture to the bowl then continue to massage it in and repeat until all the spice mixture is used up. I find this distributes the spices evenly to all the chips.)
- Transfer the kale to a baking sheet (you’ll have to bake your kale chips in batches as it’s important to evenly space the kale on the baking sheet so there’s no overlapping) then bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the kale chips are crispy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a few pinches of the reserved spice blend. Let cool slightly then transfer to a plate to serve.
- Repeat until all the kale is used up.
- This recipe was created using curly kale. For best results, use curly kale.
- These Kale Chips are best enjoyed immediately or within a few hours.