These Crispy Almond Butter Bars are a seriously good no-bake, gluten free and refined sugar free snack. Best drizzled with melted chocolate!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup smooth almond butter (I like roasted, not raw)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups crispy rice
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (can use semi-sweet as well)
- 1 teaspoon cream or milk
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, almond butter, honey, vanilla and salt. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until the butter has melted and the honey and almond butter are warm and runny, being sure to stir every 30 seconds.
- While the almond butter mixture is in the microwave, add 4 cups of crispy brown rice to a large mixing bowl.
- Give the almond butter mixture a good stir to ensure it is well mixed before adding it to the crispy rice. Stir to coat the crispy rice evenly with the almond butter.
- Transfer the almond butter coated crispy rice to the prepared baking dish. Using a piece of parchment paper, evenly press the cereal firmly into the pan.
- In the same bowl that the almond butter mixture was prepared, add the chocolate chips and the cream or milk. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until the chocolate has melted, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Transfer the melted chocolate into a piping bag with a fine tip or, using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over top of the crispy rice in the pan.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours until the cereal is set and the almond butter is firm. Cut into squares. These bars keep best in the fridge.