These Crispy Almond Butter Bars are a seriously good no-bake, gluten-free and refined sugar-free snack. Best drizzled with melted chocolate!
I have no words.
These Crispy Almond Butter Bars in their gluten-free and refined sugar-free glory have stolen all of my words. But in the best ways possible.
In the way where I physically can’t speak because I must eat all the crispy almond bars all at the same time… and you know how it is when you try and put too much nut butter in your mouth at once.
And in the way where I just can’t believe how easy these are to make because there is no baking required
And in a way where I don’t really want to say too much for risk that I may have to share.
Yeah. No words.
These crispy almond butter bars are sort of like these peanut butter chocolate crispy squares but different. Like, without the peanut butter but almond butter instead and with the chocolate on top instead of inside and these are bars and those are squares. So very different.
And these bars are for my peanut-intolerant friends out there.
Peanut-free friends, I got yo’ back!
With the internet just full of peanut butter and chocolate I bring you the best peanut-free snack I could make. A snack that makes you forget what peanut butter even is and steals all your words. (See above.) A snack that you’ll not only want to eat for breakfast but for lunch and dinner too.
MORE ABOUT THIS CRISPY ALMOND BUTTER BARS RECIPE…
I love smooth, roasted almond butter here. (As if there’s any other kind!!) The roasted stuff is so flavourful and… well, almondy, for lack of a better word. There’s just something about that deep roasted almond flavour and all that creaminess.
And then that almondy flavour with the chocolate. Think peanut butter cup meets rice crispy square… I KNOW!
I use crispy brown rice from Nature’s Path Organics. Seriously, the best gluten-free crispy cereal going! (Nope, this isn’t a sponsored post. I just love the stuff!!)
And then everything is sweetened and stuck together with honey, making these crispy squares completely gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly without any refined sugar. And best of all, they’re no-bake so they are one of the easiest snacks going!
You’re going to love them!Print
These Crispy Almond Butter Bars are a seriously good no-bake, gluten free and refined sugar free snack. Best drizzled with melted chocolate!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup smooth almond butter (I like roasted, not raw)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups crispy rice
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (can use semi-sweet as well)
- 1 teaspoon cream or milk
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, almond butter, honey, vanilla and salt. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until the butter has melted and the honey and almond butter are warm and runny, being sure to stir every 30 seconds.
- While the almond butter mixture is in the microwave, add 4 cups of crispy brown rice to a large mixing bowl.
- Give the almond butter mixture a good stir to ensure it is well mixed before adding it to the crispy rice. Stir to coat the crispy rice evenly with the almond butter.
- Transfer the almond butter coated crispy rice to the prepared baking dish. Using a piece of parchment paper, evenly press the cereal firmly into the pan.
- In the same bowl that the almond butter mixture was prepared, add the chocolate chips and the cream or milk. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until the chocolate has melted, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Transfer the melted chocolate into a piping bag with a fine tip or, using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over top of the crispy rice in the pan.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours until the cereal is set and the almond butter is firm. Cut into squares. These bars keep best in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours