This Super Creamy Chickpea Hummus is made without tahini. In this PCOS-friendly snack recipe, canned chickpeas are blended with lemon, garlic and secret ingredient cashews for a super creamy, rich and perfectly delicious dip that pairs well with veggies or crackers.
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews (soaked for at least 20 minutes then rinsed well)
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked Chickpeas (from the can, drained and rinsed well)
- 1 ‘juicy’ Lemon (juiced, 3-4 tablespoons of juice; or to taste)
- 1 medium clove Garlic (minced or finely chopped; or to taste)
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Cold Water (divided)
- 4 Tbsp Avocado Oil (divided)
- Add the soaked cashews, chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt, onion powder (if using), pepper and half of the water and half of the oil to a food processor. Blend to combine the ingredients, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed, until mostly smooth.
- With the food processor running, slowly stream in the remaining water and oil and continue to blend for 3 to 5 minutes or until very smooth and creamy.
- Season with additional salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed. Transfer to an airtight container or covered bowl and chill before serving.
Hummus will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 20
Keywords: hummus, bean dip, white bean dip, snack, dip