This Super Creamy Chickpea Hummus is made without tahini. In this PCOS-friendly snack recipe, canned chickpeas are blended with lemon, garlic and secret ingredient hemp seeds for a super creamy, rich and perfectly delicious dip that pairs well with veggies or crackers.
- 3/4 cup Chickpeas (from the can, drained and rinsed well; skins removed*)
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds (shelled hemp hearts)
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed Lemon juice (from about one lemon; or to taste)
- 1/2 large clove Garlic (minced or finely chopped; or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 3 Tbsp Avocado Oil (divided)
- Add the skinless chickpeas, hemp seeds lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and half of the oil to a food processor. Blend to combine the ingredients, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed, until mostly smooth.
- With the food processor running, slowly stream in the remaining oil and continue to blend for 2 to 3 minutes or until very smooth and creamy.
- Season with additional salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed. Transfer to an airtight container or covered bowl and chill before serving.
Hummus will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
Removing the skins of the chickpeas is highly recommended for a super creamy consistency. (Yes, it’s a tedious job but it’s SO worth it.) In batches, place some chickpeas between two paper towels then gently roll the chickpeas around with your hand. Pick through and separate the chickpeas from the skins (discard the skins) then repeat with any remaining chickpeas.
- Prep Time: 20
Keywords: hummus, bean dip, white bean dip, snack, dip