A simple and delicious Creamy Cauliflower Soup recipe with of Roasted Garlic. A dreamy, creamy and gluten free soup that is perfect for a cool spring night!
- 3 onions (medium size), peeled, trimmed and quartered (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, roughly chopped into florets (about 6–8 cups)
- 1 large head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6–7 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard seed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (dairy, non-dairy)
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Transfer onions and cauliflower to the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cut the top off of the head of garlic and peel of as much papery skin as possible. Place the garlic on a piece of foil and drizzle with the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap the garlic in the foil and place on the baking sheet with the cauliflower and onion.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the cauliflower and onions are tender and the edges have begun to caramelize.
- Remove from vegetables from oven. Unwrap garlic from foil to let cool slightly, or until cool enough to handle. At this point the garlic will be like a paste, and you will be able to squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb.
- Transfer the cauliflower, onion and garlic to a large soup pot over medium heat. Add Italian spice blend, mustard and salt and toss to coat.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pot and bring to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender (or you can use a blender or food processor) puree soup until smooth and silky.
- Stir in milk. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve drizzled with good quality olive oil and fresh chopped parsley.